Hello. My name is Angela Tinning, and I am a conscientious, professional and self-motivated individual with extensive experience in administration and secretarial roles in the legal sector.
I am highly organised, efficient and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to deal competently with clients or colleagues.
I have 35 years’ secretarial experience and for the past 30 years I was employed as a legal secretary at Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP (formerly Dickinson Dees and Bond Dickinson (Law Firm) in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The main content of my work was typing, amending and formatting long legal documents, which I really enjoyed, as well as day to day administration and monthly financial billing. Within this role my duties were also to manage diaries, arrange internal and external meetings, arrange national and international travel.
- Full secretarial and administrative support to a senior partner and two solicitors in the Commercial Team
- Amending and formatting complex documents including track changes, cross referencing, contents page, numbering levels, etc.
- Document comparisons (DeltaView)
- Audio typing letters and documents
- Typing presentations in PowerPoint
- New client/matter file opening procedures (conflict checks, money laundering, standard file management documents, engagement letter, etc.)
- Diary management
- Preparing monthly invoices unsupervised
- Solicitors’ inbox administration and filing emails under client and matter numbers
- Managing incoming phone calls